Wednesday, February 1, 2012

St. Croix Valley ALC

I've been going to the ALC now for a while, I believe I transferred over the second semester of my junior year so that would make it over one whole year I have been going to school here. I really do like it and I love how chill it is and how cool the teachers are and since it's smaller I get a lot more individual attention. I think the school is helping me, but it would be better if I was told to do things and have due dates and actually homework from all my teachers so I had more opportunities for hours. I really don't like that school is only three hours long because I need so much more school than just that and I really do not like that I'm not trusted by the staff along with the rest of the kids and I can't even sit in  a classroom waiting for my class to start. This school though really hasn't taught me too much I definitely would be learning more at the SAHS because the teaching style is more appropriate for me, but I screwed myself over and didn't do my work and I got thrown into the ALC, that isn't a bad thing, but of I could do it all over I'd be at the SAHS and I would have done my work. I don't think I have ever pushed myself at the ALC, but I most definitely should. I think if I had someone really pushing me to do work and was constantly assigning me to do things I would do much better because I don't usually do anything until I'm told to do it, I'm not necessarily a self starter.


2 comments:

  1. Good to know you are not a self starter and what your past experiences with school are. Now that you can identify that you need to learn to work with that and develop a plan at the ALC such as your CLP (continual learning plan) with your advisor. That should push you ...if you don't push yourself in life no one else will #lifelesson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please send me the email photo of the finished plate from foods class. Thanks :>
    mclaughlink@stillwater.k12.mn.us

    ReplyDelete